IPv6 Hardware Compatibility List » History » Revision 15
« Previous |
| Next »
Nico Schottelius, 05/05/2019 04:59 PM
IPv6 Hardware Compatibility List¶
- Table of contents
- IPv6 Hardware Compatibility List
This is a community maintained list, please add your own experiences / gear as well.
To edit, create an account on https://account.ungleich.ch (now also available via IPv4).
- none: No IPv6 support whatever
- limited: somewhat works, mostly unusable
- partial: mostly works
- most: has most features, can be used productively, advanced features missing
- full: works fully in IPv6 only networks
|All Mikrotik RouterOS devices||partial (see #Mikrotik-RouterOS)|
|All Mikrotik SwitchOS devices||limited (see #Mikrotik-SwitchOS)|
|Arista 7050 / EOS 4.18||most (see #Arista EOS)|
|Ubiquiti HD AP AC Pro||partial (see #Ubiquiti)|
As of/until RouterOS 6.44.3, devices can assign themselves IPv6, can route IPv6, but devices cannot be updated in IPv6 only networks (not even with DNS64/NAT64 in place).
- DNS resolution via IPv6
- CAPSMAN: adding a capsman manually (directly with the IPv6 address) works
- DNS is in the "IP" menu, IPv6 DNS works there, too
What does not work/is missing:
- Upgrade in IPv6 only networks (it tries to connect via IPv4, even if there is DNS64/NAT64 present)
- NAT64: no option in routeros
- DNS64: there is no option for it in the DNS server
- CAPSMAN: cannot discover the capsman via ipv6 address
- Management IP cannot be IPv6
- No IPv6 updates
Highly disrecommended, as they cannot be managed in IPv6 only networks, not even after manual configuration.
As of EOS 4.18.6 EOS mostly works with IPv6. In Arista 7050 with 4.18.6 there is are no NAT64 capabilties.
The HD AP AC Pro was tested on 2019-05-01 and the result was as follows:
- The mobile phone app only works with IPv4 (discovery, basic config)
- The AP accepts IPv6 from the network via router advertisements
- The AP does not have rdnssd installed, so there are no DNS servers on the AP itself
- It seems the AP stops broadcasting its SSID after some time without IPv4
Updated by Nico Schottelius about 4 years ago · 15 revisions