List of IPv6 reachable Mastodon Servers¶
- Table of contents
- List of IPv6 reachable Mastodon Servers
Our IPv6 only Mastodon instance ipv6.social can use DNS64/NAT64 to reach out to the Internet, but it is only reachable via IPv6.
Communication with IPv4 only servers fails so far.
If you add an entry, please keep the table sorted alphabetically. If possible, add a reference to the documentation trying to add IPv6 support to failing instances.
List of tested Mastodon servers¶
- Works = communication between IPv6.social and the other server works
- This does not imply that the server domain has an AAAA DNS entry
- Working status is tested by retrieving a profile on ipv6.social from the remote server
- Working status is tested by following a profile on ipv6.social from the remote server
How to enable IPv6 on your mastodon instance¶
- Check that your server has IPv6 connectivity
- Check that IPv6 is enabled in the operating system
- Try to
curl -6 www.ungleich.ch
Also, to be usable for IPv6 only clients:
- Add an AAAA entry in your DNS for your domain