VIIRB - The VPN IPv6 IoT Router Box - Manual¶
- Table of contents
- VIIRB - The VPN IPv6 IoT Router Box - Manual
Status: This document is pre-production.
IPv6 / IPv6VPN¶
- Addresses for the VIIRB are taken from the network 2a0a:e5c1:300::/40
- Each VIIRB gets a /48 assigned
DNS / DNS64 support¶
The nameservers 2a0a:e5c0:a::a and 2a0a:e5c0:2:a::a return DNS64 replies. They are setup as the default forwarding DNS servers.
- The shipped configuration contains the SSID IPv6 everywhere
- It is secured with WPA2-PSK
- The wifi password is iloveipv6
Configuration on ungleich infrastructure¶
- Connect the new VIIRB to a network with IPv4 (that's the test case) and Internet
- The network or your computer also needs to have IPv6 so that you can test the vpn connection of the VIIRB
- Connect your computer to the same network
- Use ./setup-viirb.sh from https://code.ungleich.ch/ungleich-public/ungleich-tools
Example for configuring viirb02:
./setup-viirb.sh wlan0 2 ~/vcs/ungleich-dot-cdist "Nico Schottelius, nico.schottelius at ungleich.ch, Ticket 2342"
Is automatically reconfigured by setup-viirb.sh using cdist.