Task #6869: Challenge OpenStack and OpenNebula with ucloud
Start the first VMs on place9 cluster using ucloud (ucloud v1)
- Take 3+ systems (apu, r710) in place9
- Boot them w/ either Alpine (preferred) or Devuan
- Install ucloud-* on the appropriate hosts
- Use existing VMs where no physical hosts are required
Task done criteria¶
Task is done if I can run:
ucloud-cli vm create --cpu 2 --ram 2 --image alpine3.10 --image-size 10
and a VM comes up with 2 virtual cores, 2 gb ram, using the alpine 3.10 image and the image is resized to 10gb.
The VM does not have to have network connectivity or ssh keys yet.
Attention: dead line is end of week so that we can continue with networking next week.
- Balazs: infrastructure components (etcd and co.)
- Ahmed: python code
- Samuel: Setup servers / APUs / switches in place9