- Table of contents
This site is being built (aka 90's "under construction" style). We are moving internal documentation about the ungleich infrastructure to the public and create new services/infrastructure building blocks so that users can easily access and combine them. You can read about our motivation for Open Infrastructure project on our blog.
General & Communication¶
- Read the General ungleich knowledge base
- The ungleich survival guide
- ungleich administrative information
- The ungleich bootstrap guide - getting started at ungleich
- CHATting with ungleich: Talk to us via Matrix!
- Status page - exposing incidents to the world
Detailed usage documentation targeted to our users/customers.
- FAQ at Data Center Light
- GlarnerCloud FAQ
- Datacenterlight/IPv6OnlyHosting beginner guide: soon (TM). See task #7544.
- How to use the IPv4-to-IPv6-Proxy (or: how to make your IPv6 only VM reachable from the IPv4 Internet)
- Ungleich IPv6 wireguard VPN
- Ungleich Matrix-as-a-Service (MaaS)
- Ungleich static web hosting
- Customer Backup: ungleich(-managed) backup for your server.
- How to access your VM console : soon
Common maintenance operations done by ungleich staff.
- (Private) List of internal services and maintainers
- Guidelines for adding a new service
- Security guidelines for ungleich staff
- The ungleich support and ticketing infrastructure
- And how we redmine handle tickets
- Common network and DNS operations
- Common operations on X-as-a-Service
- Common operations on IPv4-to-IPv6-Proxy
- Common operations at DCL/IPv6OnlyHosting
- How to use ctt
- OpenNebula image management
- How to run node-red on Alpine Linux
- How to use the ungleich Django hosting
Technical documentation of ungleich's infrastructure.
- The ungleich DNS infrastructure
- The ungleich network infrastructure
- The ungleich routing infrastructure
- How to disable IPv4 on your website
- How to become an ungleich system engineer
- How to configure Arista switches
- How to analyse network issues
- How to set up network equipment for customers
- How to configure mikrotik network equipment
- How to configure ubiquiti network equipment
- The ungleich server OS setup
- Read The ungleich virtualisation handbook
- The ungleich virtualisation infrastructure
- Read The ungleich ceph handbook
- Opennebula related issues
- The ungleich mail infrastructure
- The ungleich web infrastructure
- The ungleich rabbitmq
- The ungleich cdist trigger server guide
- The ungleich monitoring infrastructure
- The ungleich kubernetes cluster
- The ungleich GitLab guide
- The ungleich LDAP guide
- The ungleich etcd infrastructure
- The ungleich VPN infrastructure
- The ungleich Matrix infrastructure
- The ungleich VM console
- The ungleich Nextcloud guide
Most of our infrastructurue/services is managed via cdist (see dot-cdist internal repository) but some are hand-deployed and managed. There can be various reasons for that but the most likely is that we did not have the time / it was not worth to commit the resources to 'cdistify' the deployment for the initial single / test deployment. They will eventually (TM) be reconfigured with cdist.