Create a decentralised, global display based on IPv6
PM Check date:
Create an afforable (sub $50) device that acts as a global distributed display. Users can send messages to it from anywhere (with IPv6) and the device will be identified with its location:
We might want to have one-or-more directory services that lists all devices.
A user can then either
- write a message to the people at the place (probably using http post)
- retrieve messages that where sent to the location (probably using http get)
Authentication should be very simple - maybe a random username/password that is displayed on the website of the device, something that lets any human but no bot easily participate.
- *nix, BSD, etc.
- maybe python/flask
- program to write to the local LCD
- Something that connects by wifi
- Something that can run Linux or BSD (to have a real IPv6 stack)
- raspberry pi*
- onion omega2
Updated by Nico Schottelius over 3 years ago
- Description updated (diff)
- Status changed from New to In Progress