Create a mailing list for maintenance notifications
- On-Site or off-site?
- Off-site will be reachable if we have network problems
- if off-site, which provider?
Maybe research if there are "good" providers (i.e. sustainable, trustworthy) that we can use.
- Get a VPS or server at https://www.mythic-beasts.com/order/vps (Sanghee)
- with IPv4 and IPv6 so that we can be reachable w/o DCL reachability
- mid week
- Setup mailman on it (we have a cdist type for that) (Ahmed)
- Name it post.ungleich.ch
- end of week
Updated by Sanghee Kim about 2 years ago
- Assignee changed from Sanghee Kim to Ahmed Bilal
Updated by Ahmed Bilal about 2 years ago
Done. Temporarily, hosted at https://debian.sandbox.ahmedbilal.ungleich.cloud/listinfo. Will soon deploy it at post.ungleich.ch
Updated by Nico Schottelius about 2 years ago
- Assignee changed from Nico Schottelius to ll nu
For tech tasks like this, please ping Balazs.
I think we only whitelist the v6 address -> that one can use us our MX
OR: we setup a standard postfix on the VPS -- you two discuss and decide - I'd be a bit in favor for using our standard ungleich mailserver type and not using smarthost, but sending directly.