How to use the IPv4-to-IPv6-Proxy¶
- Table of contents
- How to use the IPv4-to-IPv6-Proxy
This document is IN PRODUCTION.
To enable IPv6 only VMs to be accessible from the IPv4 Internet, we have an IPv4-to-IPv6 proxy.
How to use it (as a customer)¶
- Configure / setup your website to be reachable by IPv6
- Ensure that your domain name has an AAAA entry pointing to your website
- Inform the ungleich team via support
atungleich.ch about your domain
- Our team will setup the proxy to whitelist your domain
- Setup an A entry for your domain(s) pointing to 184.108.40.206
Technical details / how to maintain it¶
- It's configured by cdist, type
- To add a domain, edit manifest/ungleich
- Find ipv6-proxy.ungleich.ch
- Verify that the domain has an AAAA entry
- Add the domain using the "--v4proxy DOMAIN" parameter
- Commit in git, push
- Run cdist:
cdist config ipv6-proxy.ungleich.ch
If the customer domain does not exist (anymore), haproxy will refuse to reload. In this case the customer domain has to be removed and the customer to be notified.