Regular Software Updates » History » Revision 20
Regular Software Updates¶
There are various software stacks that should be updated regularly. This document describes the intervals and procedures.
Kubernetes based Applications¶
All kubernetes based applications should be updated in a 2 step manner:
- Create a ticket in the datacenterlight project for the update
- Create or update apps/dev/APPNAME in k8s-config
- Create or update a test instance in the kubernetes cluster that is using apps/dev/APPNAME
- Ensure the test instance is running properly
- Apply changes from apps/dev/APPNAME to apps/prod/APPNAME
- Ensure all production instances are applying and working properly
Schedule: all apps should be checked for new updates at least once per month.
We usually use stable via:
kubectl apply -n argocd -f https://raw.githubusercontent.com/argoproj/argo-cd/stable/manifests/install.yaml