The ungleich netboot infrastructure¶
The document is PRE PRODUCTION.
- All servers are supposed to have eth0 and eth1
- Both cards are fiber
- Both cards will be bonded
- The ROM/BIOS of servers should be configured for netbooting
- Switches are MLAG bonded over two switches
- Servers are thus redundantly connected to two switches
- To support netbooting easily, we setup a "native vlan"
- Aka which vlan to use if there is untagged traffic
Sample configuration from place6 (2021-02-07):
interface Port-Channel1 switchport trunk native vlan 10 switchport mode trunk port-channel lacp fallback static port-channel lacp fallback timeout 20 mlag 1
- As many PXE roms still don't properly support IPv6, we use IPv4 netbooting
- This might be changed in the future, when we can replace all ROMs with ipxe