Guidelines for adding a new service¶
- Table of contents
- Guidelines for adding a new service
This document is a DRAFT.
CDIST-based, dot-cdist. Upstream if possible.
- Register in service list
- Add documentation pages:
- End-user (if any)
- Common operations (if any)
- Do not forget to links the pages together!
- Plug into consul cluster.
- Configure node exporter.
- Export service-specific metrics, build Grafana dashboard if useful.
- Define and subscribe to alerts regarding the service.
- All nodes should be firewalled.
- Write a "what could go wrong" section in the infrastructure page of the service.
Please refer to the Infrastructure security guidelines and tools for details.
Any service that maintain user-data/a state must be maintain at least one off-site backup scheme. Stateless CDIST-managed services do not need backups.