Create a VMM API and create a reference implementation
Idea: we create a REST API that allows users to manage VMs including networks that we LIKE.
Background: instead of specifying / coding directly, create something that can be easily portable and can use either kvm/qemu/xen/docker/k8s/bhyve/opennebula/... in the background.
Specification of v1:
Creating/deleting/changing VMs - POST /vm/ Creating/deleting/changing Networks Creating/deleting/changing Storage
Questions to be answered:
- How to ignore authentication and authorization?
- Suggestion: we define an "abstract" token
- Can be $random
- Or can be username/realm/token
- Or whatever
- Client sends a token of undefined form with each request
- If there is no token, it is an anonymous request
- The API returns http XXX, if the token was not valid for the resource/method