Add support for general VPN including IPv4
- Need some NAT'ing IPv4 addresses
- "burned IPs"
- We will support NAT64 as an addition
- Create specific name servers (?)
- Pricing model: 15 CHF/month
- Should be fully automated, maybe within ucloud
How to implement¶
- Add a product in ucloud-pay (Mondi)
- Add business logic in ucloud-pay to terminate VPN if not paid anymore
- Create a frontend for ucloud-pay (Mondi)
- Create landing page (might be the same as the frontend) (Mondi, Sanghee)
- Create / configure DNS servers (Balazs, Jin-Guk)
- Setup NAT44 (Balazs, Jin-Guk)
- Add Sanghee as a test client (Balazs)
- Create blog entry (Sanghee)
ETA end of month
Updated by Moris Jones almost 2 years ago
Errrr what is it with your VPN pricing? Did you go skiing and get altitude sickness?
Market price for VPN services is $5 - $12 per month.
The high end services offer multiple server locations in every continent and dedicated servers for all different protocol types - file-sharing,VOIP,netflix etc etc
The free IPv6 VPN included with a VM is a killer product
The 120CHF/year IPv6 VPN is a joke, or a marketing ploy to sell VMs, since the cheapest VMs are cheaper than the VPN.
Now you want to charge more than double that for including IPv4?
You know about the ProtonVPN service just the other side of the Alps, right?