The ungleich support and ticketing infrastructure » History » Revision 3
The ungleich support and ticketing infrastructure¶
This article is IN PROGRESS.
In the ungleich infrastructure we use
- request tracker to handle customer requests
- Our instance lives on https://support.ungleich.ch/ (also known as RT)
- redmine for project management, knowledge base, process documentation, task organisation
- Our instance lives on http://redmine.ungleich.ch/
Handling customer requests.¶
- All customer requests are routed into RT
- First person seeing it picks it for answering
- Do not forget to assign (i.e. take) the ticket to yourself. Do not steal someone's else ticket!
- If the request only needs an answer, answer it directly.
- If the request requires trivial work (e.g. reboot a VM), do it yourself/ask on the internal #ungleich-support chat channel.
- If the request requires non-trivial work, create a redmine issue.
- TODO: how to determine the correct redmine project?
- The assignee of the support request does not have to be the same as in redmine.
Handling redmine issues¶
How to handle internal tickets is defined in Ticket Handling